Sign in to follow this  
Graham

Dell Mini 10v Hackintosh SOLD

I've decided it's time to part with my hackintosh as I never really used it. It's been used five times, is in perfect condition with no scratches that I can see. It's got the blue lid and the following specs:

1.6Ghz Atom Processor

2Gb RAM (upgraded from the original 1Gb)

64Gb SSD (I still have the 160Gb normal hard drive if you'd rather have that, but the SSD is WAY faster)

Mac OS X 10.6.3 Snow Leopard

I spent close to £400 on it in total with all the upgrades, I'm looking for about £320 to take into account the hours I spent on upgrading it (had to completely dismantle it to upgrade the ram!).

It's pretty fast considering how cheap it is, runs most basic web surfing / email / word processing type tasks very comfortably (the SSD makes a ton of difference).

I'm in London, but am willing to post to wherever you want (as long as you cover the postage!).

I've decided it's time to part with my hackintosh as I never really used it. It's been used five times, is in perfect condition with no scratches that I can see. It's got the blue lid and the following specs:

1.6Ghz Atom Processor

2Gb RAM (upgraded from the original 1Gb)

64Gb SSD (I still have the 160Gb normal hard drive if you'd rather have that, but the SSD is WAY faster)

Mac OS X 10.6.3 Snow Leopard

I spent close to £400 on it in total with all the upgrades, I'm looking for about £320 to take into account the hours I spent on upgrading it (had to completely dismantle it to upgrade the ram!).

It's pretty fast considering how cheap it is, runs most basic web surfing / email / word processing type tasks very comfortably (the SSD makes a ton of difference).

I'm in London, but am willing to post to wherever you want (as long as you cover the postage!).

So how much do you want in US money including shipping?

And would it be an okay machine for a rather naive user? A friend of mine desperately needs

an upgrade from her clamshell Macbook.

Edited by patput

According to my currency widget £320 is $470 and change. Shipping - I'd have to look into it.

To be honest, I wouldn't recommend this for a "normal" user. You have to be careful about installing software updates, checking the mydellmini forums to check compatibility etc etc

Do you mean macbook or ibook? This wouldn't be an upgrade from a macbook...

I'm too damn honest for my own good.

Well, you wouldn't want them to be misled. I hope you manage to sell it :)

This has now been sold.