podgirl

iPhone 4

podgirl    0

I'm thinking that the new iMovie app for editing those little HD videos of my kids could be lots of fun. Seriously, this new phone will be coveted by moms everywhere.biggrin.gif

R94N    3

There are some really good uses to it, but personally I don't think I'd use it that much. Come to think of it, I don't really take that many photos or video much either, so that'd probably explain it.

FORZA    0

After watching the Keynote demo of the iMovie App I can't wait to get my hands on it:) I have been holding on to my first gen iPhone, so I am very stoked about using the video feature.

waidt    0

Here is a video that I wish I had my iPhone 4 to record and edit. It would have looked much nicer with the better camera and hopefully better microphone. I've heard people say they would seldom use a NLE app on their iPhone, but I think there are a lot who would, especially with the polished UI/hardware integration that is Apple's forté.

Justin erected his tent Wednesday night at 7:00PM in front of the Apple Store on Knox Street in Dallas Texas.

http://gallery.me.com/dlc_quest?view=detail#100327/iPhone%204%20pre-launch%20insanity&bgcolor=black

Edited by waidt

mobilexile    0

I was really excited about the iPhone 4 but the botched launch (perhaps the worst in Apple history) combined with AT&T's spotty network has me reviewing my options. Unfortunately the alternatives aren't very good. I won't go Android because of the Googler privacy implications, Blackberry form factors and feature sets make me yawn, and Windows Mobile hasn't improved in the four years since I stopped using it.

Dare I ... gasp ... just get a phone? Woe is me.

Edited by mobilexile

Graham    1

You're concerned about privacy on android?! What about blackberry! Every single email goes through one of their servers. No direct connection to your own mail server. Appalling.

R94N    3

Sorry to hijack the thread, but why is Windows mobile considered so bad? I've never used it, but I don't like the full-sized Windows much. I'm not defending it, but I never knew why. Can anyone clear that up for me? Thanks :)

Dolphbucs    2

It's just the general consensus of those that have tried it, that it is too clunky due to the attempt of actually putting the windows interface on a smartphone ( start button, etc. ).

mobilexile    0

You're right, Graham, Blackberry is no better. I'm not well versed in their practices and privacy policies. Google, on the other hand, is in the business of sharing / selling our private data. It should also be noted that Apple is going the way of privacy exploitation. This little diddy from the new iTiunes privacy policy should make one take note:

To provide location-based services on Apple products, Apple and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your Apple computer or device... For example, we may share geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.

I'm not entirely comfortable with that agreement.

Edited by mobilexile

mobilexile    0

Windows Mobile actually has some nice features and GUI touches. Beyond that it's slow, buggy and a crash-fest. Further, if you're on a Mac, you need a third party application to sync with your computer machine.

mobilexile    0

You're concerned about privacy on android?! What about blackberry! Every single email goes through one of their servers. No direct connection to your own mail server. Appalling.

One other note on this, Graham. Google scans all your data with the intention of serving up ads. To my knowledge Blackberry only pushes your mail through the or servers, they don't scan it. If I'm mistaken please correct me.

R94N    3

Oh, thanks for filling me in on that guys :)