Sign in to follow this  
kazio

Ipod and Calander

Hi

Just a quick question

i wanted to know does an ipod notify you of calander events, similar to a PDA.

I either need to buy a smart phone that can keep me on top of things or use an ipod to remind where, when and who with. The important thing is that is beeps, buzzes, vibrates, anything to let me know.

Since always have a shuffle on i thought the new nano would be perfect, still able to listen to podcasts and also able to keep track of time.

If you're using a Mac with OS X, you can sync iCal with your iPod. I have a problem in that the alarms are 5 hours late for some reason but, I ccan envision a workaround if you're more concerned with iPod alarms than actually coming from iCal on your desktop/laptop.

My alarms seem to work fine on my iPod. The only alarm I have set goes off at midnight, and I don't use my iPod around midnight. When I wake up, the alarm is on the iPod saying "hey! pay your credit card bill!". It seems to work just fine. Maybe not as customizable as a smart phone or anything, but all the alarm features of iCal built in.

Thanks

I didn't need much help convincing me to buy another apple product and you have done it.

Looks like its a nono for me.

The alarm is pretty much a joke. I can barely hear it when it go off. So if you put it in a pocket or a bag than it's pretty useless.

The alarm is pretty much a joke.  I can barely hear it when it go off.  So if you put it in a pocket or a bag than it's pretty useless.

Are you talking about the timed alarm, because this is different from the iCal alarm events.

If you're using the "alarm clock" feature, then you can choose what song you want to play and at what time.

However, if you're talking about the "reminder" feature, yeah, it is quiet. However, if you need that feature, my suggestion? Four letters: P-A-L-M.

- MT

Humm... yes... you can choose a song for the reminder. But wait... iPod doesn't have external speaker. So what happen if don't have the headphone permanently attached to my ear?? :roll:

If you're using the "alarm clock" feature, then you can choose what song you want to play and at what time.

However, if you're talking about the "reminder" feature, yeah, it is quiet.  However, if you need that feature, my suggestion?  Four letters: P-A-L-M.

- MT

Get a watch man... we don't need no stinking PDA. :P