pwbeninate

Are you upgrading to iPhone 4?

10 members have voted

1. 1. Are you upgrading to iPhone 4?

• iPhone 4 will be my first iPhone!
    • Finally upgrading my Original iPhone!
    • Upgrading from my 3G
    • I just bought a 3GS, but I'm upgrading anyway!
    • Nah, i think i'll skip this one
    • Never had an iPhone. Never will.

I am probably going to replace my ancient Nokia phone and 2nd Generation iPod Shuffle with an iPhone, as it can do what the two devices do in one. It's also really nice - it looks a bit thicker in the photos but I'm not sure.

Of course I am. Silly question!

this is a wait and see for me. what's the issue? my way cheap phone plan. getting a i4 would 3X what I pay now. I use less than 30 minutes a month. a no minutes a month data only plan is what I really need. maybe the iPod Touch will have a 3G data version this year.

[edit] so I just looked and I find there is a version of the i4 that you can buy without a contract just like the GS. while some people would go "$400 more... robbery!" I see it paying for itself in 4 months if I did have to give up my current contract.

Edited by johnfoster

[edit] so I just looked and I find there is a version of the i4 that you can buy without a contract just like the GS. while some people would go "$400 more... robbery!" I see it paying for itself in 4 months if I did have to give up my current contract.

Do they call that the "doorbell" plan?? ;)

I'll be going with the pre-order option. Looking forward to it!

Edited by mobilexile

DING dong is still it's primary use. that you remember this makes me laugh.

I'll be pre-ordering. I have a first gen iPhone that has served me well for just over 2 years. Looking at the keynote I'm drooling for the upgrade. :)

FWIW, I think the most significant update is the screen. I've been envious of my friend's Droid. That screen has a higher pixel density and text looked great. I can hardly wait to see what it will look like at 320 ppi. :o

I'll be pre-ordering. I have a first gen iPhone that has served me well for just over 2 years. Looking at the keynote I'm drooling for the upgrade. :)

FWIW, I think the most significant update is the screen. I've been envious of my friend's Droid. That screen has a higher pixel density and text looked great. I can hardly wait to see what it will look like at 320 ppi. :o

Yes, I thought the new iPhone screen was a lot more clearer compared to the 3GS screen in the Keynote. The text and photos looked great.

Edited by R94N

Pre-ordered my iPhone 4 32 GB today. I'm upgrading from a 3G, and it was feeling pretty sluggish lately. I'm excited about the better camera, 720p video, and greater speed and more memory (OS memory, not storage which I'm excited to get more of as well.)