Sign in to follow this  
5valvethumper

5.0 and iPod problem

10.3 on 1Ghz powerbook - I upgraded to iTunes 5.0 yesterday, so far so good. This morning my iPod dosen't have any of my purchased music on it. There is a message saying my iPod software is "Too Old" and I should run iPod updater. After doing that, it says I have the most up to date version already. I'm still able to play purchased music on iTunes on the PB, but not on the iPod. I tried restore on the iPod through updater, which greets me with the spinning beach ball of death. I let this go for about a half hour, force quit and tried it again with the same results. I've gone to the iTunes store to make sure I'm logged on, and everything looks good. Am I missing something...Help!

Same thing here. iTunes said my iPod is out of date, and some songs can't be transferred, and sure enough, my purchased music is not available..

Looking at the Apple discussions, it seems to be a common problem. Apple screwed something up.

Thanks - I've haven't been able to fix it yet, but I'm glad I'm not the only one. Hopefully someone will figure this out. The main problem really is: Music I purchased isn't on my iPod! WTF!

OK - My bad. I ran the iPod updater, except I ran the wrong one. I have all the other versions of updater, I figured the new one would be on top. I looked at the file created date for the one on top, it was from 2002. I should have followed the lead from podcasts on my iPod, new on the bottom, not top. Hope this helps someone else too.