Huskermn

iPhone not seen by iTunes

I heard this on the Tech Guy and wish I would have been in the chat room. Leo told the guy there was no way to get his music off his iPhone. That may or may not be true. Back when I was having problems with iTunes not recognizing my iPhone on my old G5, it was still seen by PhoneView. If PhoneView can see it, it can copy pretty much anything off ones iPhone. I've been using it since version 1.0 when it was called something else (can't remember what). I have no affiliation with eCamm but I really like the program. More info

I haven't personally used PhoneView, but now that I see the icon I'm pretty sure the last time I went to the Genius Bar at the Apple Store, the Genius had PhoneView on his MacBook Pro. If it works for an Apple Genius I guess it has to be a good app. (So in a sort of round-about way I second the promotion of this app) wink.gif

Can I just say that that's probably the one problem I have with the Tech Guy. It's an amazing show, but it can get pretty annoying sometimes when they get cut off because of time issues. It's a real shame, but I love the show anyway. I wish I could listen to it live - I normally listen to the podcast instead.

Ah, the problems of a nationally Syndicated Talk Show. There are show notes BTW at TecGuyLabs ... don't know if there would have been included there but worth a shot to check.

Alas, I am unable to comment on that item in the show notes.

I'm still a big fan of Leo but his talk about the iPhone of late tends to bug me. He is so into Android that he often trashes the IPhone while minimizing problems he has with his Android phone

And, I find it very interesting that when the iPhone came out he really thought the lack of a physical keyboard was a problem and now talks about the lack of need for one.

I'm still a big fan of Leo but his talk about the iPhone of late tends to bug me. He is so into Android that he often trashes the IPhone while minimizing problems he has with his Android phone

I have to agree - I have noticed that a lot. The HTC Incredible is a really nice phone but I too wish he didn't trash the iPhone all the time as well. It may have disadvantages, but it's a great phone as well.