Johanna

Spell checking in safari 5, huh?

I recently updated to safari 5 and noticed that it didn't correct my grammar on the web. It's something I'm quite depenendent on since my native languages are french and norwegian.

Any way to get it back?

And I seem to have the same problem with googlechrome.

2ueu052.jpg

Sorry, yes I meant spelling not grammar. Is there any setting I can try?

System Preferences>>Language & Text>>Text>>Spelling (drop-down list)>>Setup... Then just make sure that what you want to be checked (for spelling) is checked and maybe in a specific order. I'm not really sure, I've never, ever messed with those settings. In fact, I didn't even know they were there, I just did a search for spelling in System Preferences and that is what came up.

I appreciate that it's not solving your problems, but I would just like to say even with it's problems, one of the best features of Safari is that it spell checks. IE never used to do that, I don't know whether it does that now but...

System Preferences>>Language & Text>>Text>>Spelling (drop-down list)>>Setup... Then just make sure that what you want to be checked (for spelling) is checked and maybe in a specific order. I'm not really sure, I've never, ever messed with those settings. In fact, I didn't even know they were there, I just did a search for spelling in System Preferences and that is what came up.

My OS is in norwegian, what icon am I supposed to click? X)

EDIT:

It works in googlechrome now, but not safari. I'll just hope it will be fixed soon.

Thanks for your help though. :)

Edited by Johanna

System preferences is the logo with the sliver/grey cogs.

System preferences is the logo with the sliver/grey cogs.

I know. But language & text doesn't seem to be there, but I guess it will come back eventually. Thanks, though.

Thanks rhatta, I never got around to posting walkthrough images. After you click Setup... a dialog will show a bunch of languages and a bunch of checkmarks - pick what you want!