andyeb

iPhone 4 - painfully slow wifi

I've been experiencing painfully slow wifi performance (about 1/4 the speed of 3G performance) while connected to Wi-Fi.

I tried following the advice given in an Apple Support article which suggested resetting network settings. I then had to re-enter the password for my wi-fi and it seemed better for a few minutes while after doing that. But then it's back to snails pace again.

Has anyone else see this? My Wi-Fi router is a Linksys WAG325N with firmware v1.00.12. It's working fine with several macs, an iPad, an iPod Touch and an iPhone 3GS. It's only the iPhone 4 which has this problem. I can load a given web page on both my iPhone 4 and 3GS and the 3GS normally finishes before the iPhone 4 has even loaded the page title. It's that bad!

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated!

thanks,

Andrew

I've got blazing fast WiFi performance on my iPhone 4. I'm on my home network with a Time Capsule base station.

Are you able to try your phone on another network?

I've got blazing fast WiFi performance on my iPhone 4. I'm on my home network with a Time Capsule base station.

Are you able to try your phone on another network?

Not been able to try another network yet unfortunately. Actually the problem seems to be intermittent - sometimes it runs full tilt and other times its at snails pace.

There seem to be rumours circulating of a possible 4.0.1 update coming out on Monday. Maybe this will fix it? Here's hoping.

I would try changing the channel of your WiFi and seeing if there is a firmware update available.