Sign in to follow this  
tbillini

? PS3 Media Server via iMac / Airport Extreme ?

The Flash Drive route is getting a little old, so I'm looking to add a media server to my PS3.

I thought about buying an additional hard drive to do so (I have a free USB port on my Airport Extreme) , but it looks like I might be able to do it without any additional purchases with this.

(+ iMac, AirPort Extreme) Does anybody have any experience with this program? I assume that my iMac just has to be on the network, not necessarily cable-connected to the AirPort Extreme? (It's not)

//

Would also entertain any other alternate routes as well...

Thanks!

-Tim

with the price of this software being FREE why not try it out? you don't need an external hard drive. as for your network question, the Mac is on your network with or without a cable to the Airport.

Indeed re: "Free." Just didn't want to waste the time / effort to d/l / install if there was an obvious "better choice" out there.

It worked PERFECTLY. Highly recommended.

Woot!

with the price of this software being FREE why not try it out? you don't need an external hard drive. as for your network question, the Mac is on your network with or without a cable to the Airport.