joenspa

iTunes in the cloud?

This is simple. At the same time there is all this talk of sending our iTunes library (which includes movies) to the cloud and streaming it all, AT&T is now removing our unlimited 3G options. Why stream our music or movies when it will cost us a fortune, or at least a lot more to do this.

My opinion is this data center is about something else. As usual Apple is going to surprise us.

I'm thinking that Apple will just offer the option to stream ... they would never require your library to be on the cloud. Think about it ... syncing a 160 GB iPod Classic would take forever over the internet.

I'm thinking that Apple will just offer the option to stream ... they would never require your library to be on the cloud. Think about it ... syncing a 160 GB iPod Classic would take forever over the internet.

I'm sure they won't require it but I wouldn't even want to stream it. That would get expensive.

The more I think about it the more I think it will have something to do with iPads and Mobile Me in general. Right now it's miserable trying to get documents on and off the iPad.

Better yet I would love to see my father with an iPad except he needs a place to download pictures to. Imagine being on the road or even just at home and plugging a camera into an iPad and they go straight to Mobile Me. Or how about even backing up my iPad remotely.

Lots of other cool options besides streaming music.