tbillini

iPhone / iCal Basic ?'s

I have rid myself from a pesky Verizon contract and will FINALLY be purchasing a pair of iPhone 4's.

Woot!

I'm an unapologetic Apple FanBoy through and through, but couldn't wait for the Apple / Verizon marriage any longer.

That said...

My wife and I are both heavy users of Palm based calendars. I'm looking for tips, insights, etc re: calendar management on the iPhone. For everything that I know about the iPhone (I've been window-shopping for / lusting after one for YEARS!) , I don't know much about calendar maintenance / sync.

Is iCal the client? Are there other calendar apps, or is iCal the preferred one?

Do you LOCAL sync via iTunes and the options in iTunes, like you would for an iPod Classic / Touch?

If I want www access to my calendar (say on a work desktop machine) , will I need to sync with Mobile Me? (I have an account.) If so, will my wife need a separate account?

I might have more ?'s, but they each would be pending the answers to these, so I'll stop here.

Thanks!

-Tim

tbillini@gmail.com

www.timborbely.com

My wife and I are both heavy users of Palm based calendars. I'm looking for tips, insights, etc re: calendar management on the iPhone. For everything that I know about the iPhone (I've been window-shopping for / lusting after one for YEARS!) , I don't know much about calendar maintenance / sync.

Is iCal the client? Are there other calendar apps, or is iCal the preferred one?

You can use anything as long as it can sync with iCal (Entourage for example).

Do you LOCAL sync via iTunes and the options in iTunes, like you would for an iPod Classic / Touch?

Yup.

If I want www access to my calendar (say on a work desktop machine) , will I need to sync with Mobile Me? (I have an account.) If so, will my wife need a separate account?

That's the option most use, but you can also sync with google calendar by setting the gcal up as a CalDAV account on the iPhone.

Your wife won't necessarily need a separate account. You can both have the same MobileMe account on your phones and either share a single calendar, or have 2 calendars in your account.

Edited by pwbeninate