buckdog

Possible iPhone 3G Data Issue

I just got a new iPhone 4 and would like to sell my iPhone 3G. The only problem is that I want to be able to say in good faith that the device works well.

I had an issue in the past with the phone where it would commonly give me a "not connected to the internet" error when trying to browse to a website using Safari or using the internet inside of an app. I fixed the issue by enabling push data on one of my apps (Whoshere), but am wondering if this is an issue that other people have been having also and if it is likely to be fixed by restoring, unlocking, and jailbreaking the phone which I plan to do.

I would love to test the phone before I restore, unlock, and jailbreak but am pretty sure my iPhone 4 SIM card will not work in the 3G. I could also test on WIFI, but I am not sure that the issue came up when I was connected to 3G, not WIFI.

Another note, I'm pretty sure this issue started after a software update which suggests it's an issue with software instead of hardware.

Thanks!

You should do a restore before selling the phone anyway, so why not just do a full restore now and see if that resolves the issue?

You should do a restore before selling the phone anyway, so why not just do a full restore now and see if that resolves the issue?

I wasn't able to because the SIM in the phone had been deactivated and I'm pretty sure the iPhone 4 SIM wouldn't work in the 3G, although my dad offered to buy the phone from me so we can now test it with his SIM.

Thanks!