Johanna

Follow people's work?

I was just wondering if there's a site that's kind of a mix between imdb and twitter. In the way that you can "follow" an actor and be notified when they have stared in something new? :)

A lot of film and TV stars have their own Twitter accounts, although they probably wouldn't mention when their films come out as much though.

Edited by R94N

It remember that there was a plug-in or it could be part of Safari, to get notified if a website changes. Go to the celebrities part of IMDB and have this be the site. If it changes you get a email. I'm not sure if this still exists because ads on site like these change all the time and you end up getting multiple emails. May still be around. I'm also interested if this is still 3rd party or part of a web browser. Anyone knows please fill us in.

Another option is to create a widget of the Celebrities part of IMDB. This can be checked quickly and you will not have to got to the main IMDB or look through the other info on that part of the site. the widget in OSX should just show the info you want to see. Anyone that can help on creating web widgets please let us know as well. Thanks in advance.

It remember that there was a plug-in or it could be part of Safari, to get notified if a website changes.

RSS feeds maybe?

RRS feeds may be what came around the same time or just after. This was more a direct email that told you the content of a website was updated. This was a plugin or app of some kind and it was not the site operator sending out a email. Sometimes it was hard to tell where the site changed because of ads or a simple tweak to the site, but I think this was addressed. I just wish I could remember what it was called.

There are many news sites that provide "news alerts" via eMail (and possibly other notification mechanisms.)

Google and Yahoo let you put in any keywords... but you'd best be specific since Yahoo scans the whole web.

With Google you can limit the search to specific sites, e.g. search terms: "Harrison Ford site:hollywoodreporter.com" or "Zoe Saldana site:imdb.com"

http://www.google.com/alerts

http://alerts.yahoo.com/