Dolphbucs

Who's First ?

the guy playing first.

I just downloaded it and installed. I've signed up to Ping ( Bruce Hyde ) .... few artists yet, but it is just hours old.

I've got it - I'm there on Ping (Matt Janssen). Interestingly, I can't find your profile dolphbucs when I do a search.

Anyway: iTunes 10.

What I like: Ability to hide checkboxes in list views, ability to hide icons in sidebar (I never disliked them, but I like the simple text interface now), the new hybrid-album/list view, the updated GUI, Ping.

What I don't like: the volume slider (looks like the iPad iTunes slider which is good for a finger, but way too big for a mouse pointer), the vertical 'window action' buttons (I don't mind it, but I thought Apple was all about simplicity and consistency? this is just going to confuse people, I know it), the icon (it looks OK, but I think it could have been better and at a quick glance [and small size] it could easily be mistaken for Safari [especially when they sit next to each other in the dock]), the name (I understand the weight that the iTunes name has and the generality of it [like Kleenex] but it's like calling a modern computer a calculator - that may have been its original purpose but it's so much more now). #1 thing I don't like: STILL NOT COCOA/64-BIT NATIVE. For iTunes' 10th anniversary Steve says "Let's give it a new icon" but we can't update the code? C'mon Apple - you're killing me here.

Me, too. Tom R.

Dolph, did you not allow followers? No results when I searched.

More of a Graphite look and a new checkbox that I'm not yet sure what it does/how it works.

I think the Zune software looks more modern. but I'm ping'd. the photo upload didn't work. feels very 1.o over all.

Settings seem to be correct ... Allow people to follow and Require permission. I was able to add you guys ( sent a request to you Huskr ) ... I noticed that it says "upon approval your picture will ... " I used a picture of Underdog ... maybe they had to approve it first, but if I search for Bruce Hyde it shows up.

I did it! I think I'm the first to do it in my circle of friends - I'm probably the only techy person in the group.

Worked this AM, now following Adam, Dolphbucs and AppleGeek as well as MacOSKen.

Though, it says I like Iron Maiden, which is true but not really high on my list. I think I'll have to go to manual settings to get better representation.

for what it's worth, if you are unhappy with the new icon, you can get a slightly better looking one here:

http://cl.ly/79a01418e07461739e99

There are actually quite a few alternative icons for iTunes out there - a simple Google search generates loads, but sites like DeviantArt have icon sets that you can use as well. Nice icon though!

As soon as Fantasy Footbal Draft season is over ( mid next week ) I'll get around to filling my profile with likes and picks.