Huskermn

Apple TV Sync question

OK, I had a $70 Apple Gift Card and decided I was going to buy the new Apple TV. But, the store didn't have it yet and the old one is now $149 so I bought it.

It's syncing a LOT of stuff right now.

Once there, I'm wondering if I can move some of the video content out of my iTunes library on my Mac or will it be removed from the Apple TV then the next time I sync it if I do that?

No, don't remove items from your Mac, as they will disappear the next time you sync, as you said. If you have the Apple TV set to Automatic Sync, then every time you open iTunes it will sync new things to the Apple TV and remove older things. If you set it to Custom Sync, then you can choose what to 'keep' on the Apple TV. Hope you enjoy it, I love my Apple TV.

For what it's worth, I've never had a need to sync anything to my 1st gen AppleTV. I just leave all my content on my MacPro and stream it over to the AppleTV. Works great!

For what it's worth, I've never had a need to sync anything to my 1st gen AppleTV. I just leave all my content on my MacPro and stream it over to the AppleTV. Works great!

I guess that's why the new Apple TV is streaming only. The constant syncing can get a tad annoying after a while.