Sign in to follow this  
mac user X

mail can't send mail

Whenever I try to send mail from apple's default mail application it prompts me for my .mac password i put it in and it rejects it. but it works just fine with everything else inculding .mac and is entourage better to send emails or is there something free to do it? :shock:

First of all, I'd stick with the Apple native software. Nine times out of ten you'll find that Mail works better then Entourage.

Secondly, the problem is that you're having trouble communicating with .Mac, not that Mail is failing. Have you tried other email accounts with the Mail app or just .Mac? I'd suggest you set up a gMail account and test it via Mail. Then you'll be able to find out why this is happening or even if it's a problem of Mail or something else.

- MT

You might want to check if you need to reset your outgoing SMTP server. In most cases, it needs to route through your ISP. Try that out and see if it works.

I just happen to have a gmail account but how would I set it up? Also I am going to use entourage for hotmail but I really need to send email! :shock:

I am trying to sync my .mac mail boxes and it keeps saying the connection on port 0 timed out.

Entourage and hotmail requires a pay account. My wife doesn't pay because she used it before they disabled it and complained.

I just happen to have a gmail account but how would I set it up? Also I am going to use entourage for hotmail but I really need to send email! :shock:

There are help instructions under your gMail account on how to do this.

- MT

I heard that you don't need a invite for gmail. is that true? my mom is using gmail and me and my dad need one. :lol: I was thinking of using entourage for my mail and mail for my mom's mail cause the only she has used a computer ofr is typing.

I heard that you don't need a invite for gmail. is that true? my mom is using gmail and me and my dad need one. :lol: I was thinking of using entourage for my mail and mail for my mom's mail cause the only she has used a computer ofr is typing.

Yes, that's true, you don't need an invite, you just need a Google Account, which you can get here. For some reason, current users still have invites to give out, and i still have a bunch (as well as a ton of others on this forum do). If you want me to send one (or ten), let me know, but you shouldn't need them.