R94N

Ping - almost two months on

Hi, everyone, I haven't been on the forums for a while, but I was just thinking about Ping. I set it up, like probably most people did, when it was first announced just to try it out, but since then I haven't touched it. I just haven't found a use for it. What about you guys? Do you use it a lot still, or like me have you completely abandoned it?

it's lame. there's no reason to use it. if being social with regards to the things you like Glue is a better tool.

Yeah, I do actually use GetGlue, and find it useful. I like the stickers! I just find Ping a bit boring, and I already have Last.Fm which does a lot of what I want in terms of social network-esque music services.

Edited by R94N

I signed up for Ping on day 1, but haven't touched it for at least a month. Facebook integration (i. iPhoto '11) would have been much more useful...

I signed up for Ping on day 1, but haven't touched it for at least a month.

I was the same, but I eventually just deleted my account because I added a picture, and I just wanted it gone.

Facebook integration (i. iPhoto '11) would have been much more useful...

Apparently to start with Apple added the FB integration code but didn't get permission from Facebook to use it, so they had to remove it. I think they did have further discussion but so far nothing's come of it sadly. I find the lack of integration to any other social network slightly ridiculous, since you've already built up your network of friends on these other sites it would make it easier...never mind! :)