Seijornec

Anyone using Snow Leopard with Airport Extreme BS for Time Machine backups successfully?

So when Snow Leopard was released it was widely talked about that it broke wireless Time Machine backups via AEBS and attached harddrive that were woking with 10.5. For this very reason I avoided upgrading to Snow Leopard. Well it's been many months now and I'm feeling the need to upgrade. A lot of newer apps require 10.6 (like the just announced FaceTime for Mac.) I just spent an hour or so googling and I couldn't find any newer info most of the talk was around this time last year. So my question is, is it still broken? Or are any of you running 10.6 + AEBS + external drive for wireless Time Machine successfully? I would really like to avoid shelling out the $ for a Time Capsule.

-EJ

Edited by Seijornec

Works perfectly on our macs at home.

Works perfectly on our macs at home.

Thanks for the reply. I Just want to confirm that you are using all of the latest software versions in your macs and the airport extreme base station?

the only thing that will prevent you from really likely 10.6.x is if you are running Final Cut Pro, Compressor or Sound Track. while lots of people report "no problems found" the consensus is that it's a better experience on 10.5. if you workflow has a dependance on QuickTime Player in "pro" mode the feeling is that 10.5 is still the better place to run that. although it will work in 10.6. the issue will be in setting the "app to open" so you aren't competing with QuickTime X.