wdwilliam

Unable to delete the trash

I have a question on the Mac trash can with the latest version of Mac OS. Not sure what caused the issue but I have tried everything except a clean re-install of the OS. The problem is that I'm unable to empty the trash can using trash can icon, <right click or open trash can directory and empty>. I'm being forced to empty the trash via a UNIX command. This only affects me on the internal drive. All external drives work as expected. Has anyone ran into an issue like this and found a way to fix it without a clean install?

This sounds to me like a permissions issue with ~/.Trash. Check that you have full access to this directory and that everyone else is set to No Access.

Mac Geek Gab show # 293 had some great info near the beginning about trash problems that might also help.

This sounds to me like a permissions issue with ~/.Trash. Check that you have full access to this directory and that everyone else is set to No Access.

Mac Geek Gab show # 293 had some great info near the beginning about trash problems that might also help.

Thank you for your suggestion, it was exactly what I needed to fix the issue. Never gave permissions around the trash it self a second thought.

Great to hear. Thanks for letting everyone know - perhaps this will show up in future searches.