Huskermn

4.2 is here

I'm not going to update my 3GS right away but I am putting it on the iPad this AM. Will test throughout the day.

My favorite part of the updates is finding little (admittedly sometimes pointless) changes that aren't mentioned in release notes.

1st one I noticed: Voice Memos got an icon update.

I installed the update on my iPhone 4. Not experiencing any problems. Not excited about any new features...

my policy on upgrades is to never install the moment it comes out. I've been a pioneer too long and I'm tired of the "arrows". let somebody else get shot I say. better to wait a few days to see what everyone is complaining about and then decide if the upgrade is worth it. in the meantime my tech is working just fine just like it did yesterday.

this is especially true for when I'm in production. upgrading to a new version has consequences that one might never recover from. and these days, rolling back to the last version isn't always possible. it's always better to wait until the thing you are working on has shipped and then make the switch to the new thing. that way you aren't trying to solve a problem while trying to ship on time. either of those is enough.

i installed yesterday on my iPhone 4 as well. i thought i read in the iTunes update the other week that wireless syncing would be supported, but that doesn't appear to be possible. Too bad since that would be a great feature to have.

Did the iPad yesterday and the immediately after the update none of the apps responded to touch. A brief moment of panic and then a reboot and it works great. I really didn't do that much with folders on the iPhone but find I really like them on the iPad.

iPhone next and more noodling, but I think it's a nice update.

The printing feature is nice.... but I'd find it much more useful if I could print to Evernote. There is the ability to send a PDF from Safari/Mail to Evernote, but not a webpage or email... Maybe in 4.3... :)