Sign in to follow this  
work and turn

Subtitle Extraction from DVD

Hey folks, just got a Boxee Box and I want to convert my DVD collection to HD mpg files so that I can have everything in one easy place.

I've tested out RipIt which rips and compresses the DVD in one go (see my other thread for my comments on the program) but it isn't possible to extract the subtitles using this program.

Is there a program to do this on the mac, I've tried D-Subtitler but I gave up after an hour as it seemed to freeze during the process and it hasnt been updated in a lonnnnnng time. Is it just better to download them from the various websites, will they match up perfectly if I do it this way ???

Now that home theatre systems are moving closer to be a more common reality I would have thought someone would have come up with a program that allows you to Rip and compress your DVD collection to a high quality file with a separate subtitle file if wanted but it seems not :(

RipIt seems to be the closest thing to it but even they had to use Handbrake for the compression part of the program and although working thats still in Beta.

Cheers for any help in advance.

Jim