Sign in to follow this  
alexsantos

new itunes look

Wow, finally apple is getting rid of that metal look and settling for a nice grey vignette. Boy am I happy, I absolutely do not like the metal look. but I do love the G5 look, Hmm…is this an indication of what the finish on new hardware will look like?

Let's see, the g3 imac had that pin strip look on the faceplate and so did the OS windows. The g5 is a stainless? steel finish and so were some of the apps, itunes, safari etc.

Is it possible that new macs will have a new cosmetic finish?

In any case, the new itunes looks way better in my opinion.

the PowerMac G5 are aluminum... they are supposed to match the old iTunes, I think we'll see a black iBook.

I think we'll see a black iBook.

That would be awesome! I'm definitely getting a black iPod Nano.

the PowerMac G5 are aluminum... they are supposed to match the old iTunes, I think we'll see a black iBook.

A black iBook sounds pretty neat, but do you think they'll abandon the white look of the current iBooks, iMacs, and iPods? It's become such a trademark look for Apple, but they do like to keep things fresh.

A black iBook? Well anything is possible but I imagine it may look a bit harsh…but I don't know of course. Time will tell.

IMO, black laptops are starting to look outdated. All laptops used to be black (including some current ones) and the older Powerbooks were black. I highly doubt they'd make a black iBook.... it would remind all of us too much of an ugly Dell I think. Heck even Dell is moving away from black laptops and turning them more of a silverish color (probably mimicking the much nicer finish of the Powerbook). Apple can keep the white AND still keep things fresh... look at the G4 iMac compared to the G5 iMac. I have an iBook that I got in July and love the color of it.. I'd hate to see it go black, I really would.

When I was thinking of what a black iBook would be like, I was thinking more along the lines of the black iPod nano, not a regular black laptop.

So you're talking more of a shiny black? Well that would certainly be better... but still... I'm picturing it, and I think that Apple logo looks better on white than black.

That may be the case, but it's certainly cleaner and smaller than it used to be.