joenspa

Apple at the Super Bowl

joenspa    26

I use Apple products to get audio on to the internet for streaming and to Sirius radio. I've done this for quite a few years and thought you folks might find it interesting.

web.jpg?ver=12968527380001

The laptop on the far left is simply for email, communications and for QCing the feeds off the internet during game time. Below that is my iPad. I am only using that for notes and to keep me from getting bored. Bigger plans for that next year but for now that's it.

In the middle is my old G4 laptop. That is wired into 3 audio interfaces, on the right, where I take in audio from 11 foreign languages, 2 stadium feeds and 2 utility feeds. A little mixing goes into it and then the audio is sent back out to 13 phone couplers that feed audio to the actual streaming company that puts it on the internet. I take copies of 11 of those languages and output them to ISDN units that Sirius uses to put them out on their radio network.

It's actually pretty basic audio work but I will admit that it's pretty fun.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

PS The picture was taken with my iPhone 4. Call me Fan Boy.

Huskermn    33

Very cool. Thanks for the inside look.

Were you located somewhere in the stadium or off-site?

joenspa    26

Very cool. Thanks for the inside look.

Were you located somewhere in the stadium or off-site?

I was just outside the stadium. They built a TV compound in one of the close parking lots and I was out with all the other TV crews.

Also doing the same thing with the same rig at the NBA All Star Weekend Weekend right now.