timpent

Adding a recipient to an existing SMS

Hi all

I have a quick question - I've sent a single SMS to a dozen recipients - is it possible to later add another recipient to the existing 12? I can't see how to do it but I might be missing something...

If not, does anyone have any recommendations for any apps that allow you to manage groups of numbers for SMSs?

Thanks

Tim

google voice has this feature.

you could make a web app using BulkSMS and your scripting language of choice.

make a iChat to SMS applescript to do your bidding. duplicate the send line for all the recipients:

tell application "iChat"
activate
send "hey… this is a message!" to buddy "+14155551212" of service 1
end tell

Edited by johnfoster

google voice has this feature.

you could make a web app using BulkSMS and your scripting language of choice.

make a iChat to SMS applescript to do your bidding. duplicate the send line for all the recipients:

tell application "iChat"
activate
send "hey… this is a message!" to buddy "+14155551212" of service 1
end tell

Thanks John, I was rather hoping to use the Message app on my iPhone!

Tim

okay. you didn't say that. there are about a jillion services that will allow you to make a "block group" then a single message using short code or a web interface will fling your message to them. some of them are free (aka ad supported). most have a pay to opt out of ads version.

personally, I would write my own tool to do this so I was in control of my data. but that's me.

okay. you didn't say that. there are about a jillion services that will allow you to make a "block group" then a single message using short code or a web interface will fling your message to them. some of them are free (aka ad supported). most have a pay to opt out of ads version.

personally, I would write my own tool to do this so I was in control of my data. but that's me.

Your right, I should have been more specific instead of just posting in the iPhone forum... Anyway, I've found a free app that seems to do the trick - "Group Text SMS" so problem solved.

Thanks

Tim