Sign in to follow this  
araknd

iPhone 4 Newby

So, I gave in to my wife's harassment and ordered us each an iPhone 4 from Verizon Wireless. They arrived today at the house while I'm here at work. I have been using my iPod Touch (3rd gen) extensively and have several apps and a song library on it. Will I be able to just synch all of that from my desktop computer to the iPhone with no problem? Any conflict having the apps in two places (iPod AND iPhone)?

TIA.

Lance

Yup, you're good to go. Once you download an app to your iTunes library, it will sync to ANY and device that uses that iTunes library ( providing that device is compatible with that app of course ). In other words, when you own an app you are allowed to have it installed on all the devices you own, not just one.

Edited by Dolphbucs

Even better, setting up the iPhone by restoring from your iPod touch back up will mean that all of your settings and important data will be on there the first time you use it. (I'm fairly certain you can use a backup from an iPod to restore to an iPhone as long as the OS version is the same - if I'm wrong someone please correct me).

Thanks, all. It indeed worked just as indicated. Mine was a breeze, but getting SMTP to work on my wife's phone was more of a challenge. She tried setting it up herself, but gave it to me to fix when her first two outbound emails wouldn't go. I reconfigured the main SMTP server to be SMTP.GMAIL.COM and it finally sent. It's all good.

Thanks again for the help.

MacCast Forums ROCK!