jkolnick

Network connecting on Startup

Ok gang I stumped. When my girlfriend had a Snowball iMac we connected her to one of my HD's over the network so she could download her photos there. Since I now have a new iMac, I have given her my old 24in iMac Intel based. It has a 1 terra bite HD so she does not need to automatically connect to my External HD. I have tried to turn off file sharing, but keeps coming up anyway. Every time I restart her computer the HD mounts causing problems with her FIrefox(Sony site).

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Jerry

Check the Login Items associated with the account in System Preferences

Thanks Mac Geek G-d. I did that and also found that I had set up sharing on my iMac which was sharing several DIsks and folders. I turned that off. Lets see what happens.

Well now I am getting this message when I restart the 24" iMac:

Connection failed; There was an error connecting to the server "JerrysiMac.local. Check the Server name of IP address, then try again.

OK where does this come from and what do I do about this?

I don't know how to fix it but my guess is that it's still related to the old machine. Am I correct in guessing that the 24 now autologs into her account which was migrated from the snowball?

If so, try autologging into a different user and see if it still happens. Or, just booting to the Login screen and manually logging into a different user.

This would narrow down the problem some.