Sign in to follow this  
joenspa

Need an app

So here's the run down.

My brother-in-law is doing a 100 mile run. He gets 36 hours to complete it. Crazy if you ask me. But he is trying to come up with a way to speak into his iPhone and have it post to facebook or somewhere else on the internet during the race. It could post as audio or speech to text. It just has to be easy.

Ideas anyone?

Intern is the way to go.

Intern is the way to go.

I don't find anything by the name "Intern" in the iTunes store. Is that the whole name?

oh you totally missed the joke. Intern is a real person hired, usually for nothing, for doing specific things that a normal person might not want to do. in this case Intern would handle all the hard parts for the runner including short edits, posting, capturing GPS positions and typing. the best part about Intern is that you can have more than one of them.

if they were my interns their jobs would be to handle camera and GPS handoffs from the runner. that way the person running doesn't have to do anything but run and do some capturing. a Flip, the Kodak equivalent, a GoPro or a Contour HD GPS are easy enough to use in an active state. push button to on, push button to record, push button to off. the GPS would just be on. you would trade out both devices for other devices then the interns would go to work posting the videos, audio and way points.

having more than one Intern means you could cover the entire race using shifts.