Sign in to follow this  
apparition

Drop down menus not working properly for MS Office 2011

Hello,

I need some help and I can not figure this issue. I get different behavior when I use different machines.

I have 2 Macs (Mac Pro and a 13" Macbook Pro)

When I use MS Office 2011 many drop down menu items will not stay open on the Macbook Pro unless I hold down the left mouse button. An example would be the Fill Color drop down ribbon item. Most drop down item do work properly. This happens if I use the touchpad or use a mouse.

When I have the same program on the Mac Pro I click on the drop down and it remains open. I have also tried this in Windows on the Macbook Pro and the drop down functions properly.

I have noticed this behavior also happens on a few others programs on the Macbook Pro such as Thinkorswim when using some charting functions.

I have searched system preferences and program preferences but I can not find a solution to this mystery. Any help would be appreciated.

Ok finally figured it what was wrong. I wanted to post it here so it may help someone else. The issue was due to the ink preference pane in the system preference pane. The panel only shows up if you connect a pen device to the computer. This functions allows one to use the pen to write in a document and decipher your handwriting and turn it into text. I don't not use this but the preference was turned on. I do use a Wacom tablet from time to time. Turning this completely off solved the issue. Hope this help someone.biggrin.gif

Hello,

I need some help and I can not figure this issue. I get different behavior when I use different machines.

I have 2 Macs (Mac Pro and a 13" Macbook Pro)

When I use MS Office 2011 many drop down menu items will not stay open on the Macbook Pro unless I hold down the left mouse button. An example would be the Fill Color drop down ribbon item. Most drop down item do work properly. This happens if I use the touchpad or use a mouse.

When I have the same program on the Mac Pro I click on the drop down and it remains open. I have also tried this in Windows on the Macbook Pro and the drop down functions properly.

I have noticed this behavior also happens on a few others programs on the Macbook Pro such as Thinkorswim when using some charting functions.

I have searched system preferences and program preferences but I can not find a solution to this mystery. Any help would be appreciated.