Tomar012

How to Merge/Combine.mov Files SOLVED

johnfoster    47

sure.

you need QuickTime Pro version 7 (or 6 or 5 but it needs to be the Pro version). QuickTime X doesn't do this.

open all the movies you want to "merge".

with movieA in front pull down the Edit menu and choose Select All (Command A). next select Copy (Command C).

click on MovieB. move the playback head to the end.

pull down the Edit menu and select Add to Movie.

[repeat until it's all merged]

from the File menu select Save As… then make sure Save as Self Contained is selected. name the movie AndB.mov

another way.

open iMovie. drag all movies to the "timeline". save.

Dolphbucs    2

Actually, John, The new version of Ouicktime X that comes with Lion DOES let you combine clips. Simply drag the additional clips one by one into the player window in order that you want them played. Quicktime even crops all the clips so that the resulting movie is all the same dimension with no pesky black borders.

Tomar012    0

Hey Guys - Unfortunately I don't have Quicktime Pro. I do have Quicktime X but under Snow Leopard. Would the Lion version be different for the SL version? I tried dragging the files from Finder onto the Quicktime window but nothing happened. The file snapped back to the Finder window.

Dolphbucs    2

I do have Quicktime X but under Snow Leopard. Would the Lion version be different for the SL version? I tried dragging the files from Finder onto the Quicktime window but nothing happened. The file snapped back to the Finder window.

Yeah, the new merge feature only works in Lion.

Tomar012    0

Thanks everyone for the suggestion of Quicktime Pro. To be honest, I was looking for a cheap (free) solution and I have found one that I wanted to share. My solution was to use VisualHub. This app allowed me to transcode and combine the files into a single file. It will even import the final file to iTunes for you.

Huskermn    33

Glad to hear VisualHub worked for you. I used it for some stuff awhile back but found QT Pro to be easier.

Tomar012    0

Glad to hear VisualHub worked for you. I used it for some stuff awhile back but found QT Pro to be easier.

Thanks Huskermn. I will certainly consider QT Pro if I find myself doing this process often.

i just find a step by step guide at how to merge MOV files into one.

it helps to merge mov files as well as keep the original video format or merge mov video files as well as convert to other video or audio format.

it even helps to join video files of any format like merge MP4, AVI, MPEG, MPG, VOB, MOV, RM, RMVB, 3GP, ASF, WMV, WTV, DVR, DivX, Xvid, M4V, MKV, FLV, F4V, SWF, WebM, OGV, Apple ProRes, AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, M2T, MXF, MVI, DAT, MOD, TOD, MPV, OGM and etc

sanllenal    0

Besides the way mentioned above, there are other options available:

Options:

1. A step by step guide on (link removed as SPAM) This way also applies to combine MP4, AVI, FLV, SWF, MKV, WMV, etc.

2. Some people recommend HandBrake. It's free but it has only Mac version and is a little complex to handle.

Hope it is useful for you.