shanmac

iPhone 4S thoughts

I really think they should have called the iPhone 4S an iPhone 5. There really are a lot of major upgrades. Especially the new chips that are duo core. Anyone else agree?

I'm sure that heads are rolling over the naming of this version of that thing. this is due to the moron analysts who "expected" there to be an iPhone 5. given that it had an A5 processor in they could have spun the story of the name like that. however, the kids at Apple saw this the same way they saw the difference between the 3G and the 3GS. same form factor plus different guts. keeping the name at 4 meant that every single add-on did not need to have an addendum as to it's compatibility.

hindsight is always 20/20. my first reaction over it was "huh, nothing to see here move on." it's easy to get hoodwinked by what you don't know. so here's some things that I do know now.

• iOS5 rocks. pretty much all the things that I hated about that thing are gone.
  • every single time I use an iPhone 4 I'm blown away by the display.

now imagine that it working faster. whenever iPhone 5 comes out iPhone 4S will take the place of the bottom. why yes, the bottom of the product line will be an incredible experience.

Edited by johnfoster

Honestly couldn't care less what it's called. It could be called iPieceOfPoop and it would still be awesome. I love mine.

I'm with Graham. Don't care what it's called, but, I do think 4S is correct. The 4 looked much different than the 3s. This looks and feels like a 4, it's just a iterative upgrade rather than a different look and feel one would logical expect in a 5.

spin it however you like. I'm chalking the naming it the "4S" as the blunder of the year.

I coundn't care less, but I think '4S' is the correct naming. I wonder how they would improve the design though...

PS. Is there any other cellphone that have kept it's design for 2 generations? I still don't understand why there's no other co. that can actually get a well designed phone/device out.