Huskermn

Podcasts there but not

Wired problem with a couple podcasts today, specifically MacBreak Weekly and Tech News Today. They downloaded fine and both new episodes show up in iTunes. When I look at my iPhone 4S, both have the little blue dot indicating there is a new episode in the Podcasts list. However, when I go to listen to them they appear to be there (with the blue dot) but they are 'greyed out' and unavailable. So, I clicked Get More Episodes and downloaded direct to the iPhone. I watched TNT download but that didn't change my inability to listen.

Other podcasts such as MacOS Ken and WSJ Morning Read worked fine.

Ideas, anyone?

• Like 1

Happened to me last week one day. The on;y thing that worked was to sync via usb to actually get them on the device.

Well, this morning's sync was via USB. I pretty much sync every morning to get new podcasts (I know I don't need to do so anymore but it's a habit.)

Anyway, I plugged in and synced again just now (8 ish CDT) and they are there and playable now. (Twilight Zone music plays)

Go figure.

My best guess was that something got goofy during the copy part over wi-fi. Was a minor burp that self corrected.

It does seem fine now, but it definitely wasn't wifi related. I downloaded via Ethernet to iTunes and then Synced to iPhone via docking cable. I only re-downloaded via wifi with no resulting change in availability on the iPhone.

I'm chalking it up to an unknown glitch but it wasn't a wifi problem.

hmmm. It was a weirrd glitch. Since it had never happened before I just presumed it was wi-fi related. I wonder how common it is.

AND, it happened again yesterday. But, only from TWIT network stuff.

But after a resync things are fine si I'm just moving on and not worrying about it