Sign in to follow this  
ipodman

OSX on windows

why do people buy macs over the top of pcs when you can just skin your pc to look like a mac and install programs to make it a mac, thats what i do

Because skinning a PC to look like a Mac is kind of like putting lipstick and a dress on a pig. Sure, it'll look like the prettiest girl at the country fair, but in the morning it's still a pig.

(NOTE: I have never done this so please do not start emailing me with psychologist referrals.).

- MT

Cause a PC that looks like a Mac still gets viruses, still sucks, doesn't run Apple programs like iLife and the Pro apps... and it's a dumb idea.

Let's say I want a Lexus. Does that mean it's basically the same thing if I buy a 1991 Ford Taurus and put Lexus stickers all over it?

:roll:

Yes you can get programs from ilife but not the real thing.

like copies are called the same thing, look the same and do the same.

like object bar and object dock resembles the dock and the finder bar.

konfabuator resembles the dash board

Sounds awesome. Have fun. :roll:

Because skinning a PC to look like a Mac is kind of like putting lipstick and a dress on a pig.  Sure, it'll look like the prettiest girl at the country fair, but in the morning it's still a pig.

(NOTE: I have never done this so please do not start emailing me with psychologist referrals.).

- MT

That's the best explaination I've heard!

BTW, I have flyakite OS installed on one of my office system. looks great but doing skin like this is a resource hog. So mTorbin calling it a PIG actually make sense!!!

why do people buy macs over the top of pcs when you can just skin your pc to look like a mac and install programs to make it a mac, thats what i do

Because people want to do things with their computer instead of for their computer.

Because people want to do things with their computer instead of for their computer.

Zing.

o he got burned, and pwnd wut a n00B (lol 1337 speak rocks!!)

If u wanna go and do that fine. but at the end of the day its still a pc with the performace of a pc. u carn't come close to how a mac looks and feels. and no other programs u get will preform like a Apple built program

I know from experience i used to skin my windos to look like a mac but when i go my mac i was amazed at how far off the skins made it

hes a loser

And your a pretentious dick.

If u wanna go and do that fine. but at the end of the day its still a pc with the performace of a pc. u carn't come close to how a mac looks and feels. and no other programs u get will perform like a Apple built program  

I know from experience i used to skin my windos to look like a mac but when i go my mac i was amazed at how far off the skins made it

LOL, no other programs??

In consult for, and work with some of the industry's (music and film) top professionals here in LA. Despite what many believe, I've actually worked with only one director who preferred Macs (Patrick Ian Polk of Noahs Ark). All of the top freelance recording engineers/mixers use Centrino based Windows notebooks w/ Protools and on my last productions with Tony Scott (Domino Harvey) and Peter Berg (Friday Night Lights), they'd bet their kids on Windows based Avid boxes.

And don't just take my word for it....

http://www.usatoday.com/money/media/2005-0...-amd-usat_x.htm

falltime=no bullshit. i like you already.

i agree on the buisness side of the movie industry, but my family is heavily involved in the visual effects industry which is still pretty mac dominated.

have you really seen alot of Win. based protools users? that surprises me. all my friends in that industry still record on g4's. kinda cool to see people branch out. maybe we will get some more bands doing independant recordings.

this, is not a lexus. this is a POS, and that what you are going to get skinning a PC to act like a mac.

phat_exhaust.jpg

falltime=no bullshit.  i like you already.  

i agree on the buisness side of the movie industry, but my family is heavily involved in the visual effects industry which is still pretty mac dominated.

have you really seen alot of Win. based protools users?  that surprises me.  all my friends in that industry still record on g4's.  kinda cool to see people branch out.  maybe we will get some more bands doing independant recordings.

Well Centrino Notebooks (Pentium-M's) w/ Windows seem to be getting significantly better scores in DaveC (Protools Bench) then even the top of the line G5's. Powerbooks don't even touch them. It's the first, and really the only choice for freelancers who's career and lifestyle demand portability. The processor is obviously the primary reason why most prefer Windows books, but no one ever complains about the OS... and no one really needs to.

If u wanna go and do that fine. but at the end of the day its still a pc with the performace of a pc. u carn't come close to how a mac looks and feels. and no other programs u get will preform like a Apple built program

oh well

Well you do what you want, but until you get a Mac and can use it on a day to day basic you will never understand. If I had the choice I would never touch a Windows machine. At work I have no choice since they wont let me use a Mac on the Network. I do use it Stand alone though.

Let's say I want a Lexus.  Does that mean it's basically the same thing if I buy a 1991 Ford Taurus and put Lexus stickers all over it?

:roll:

No, but do that to a Toyota and it's the same thing. :lol:

roog

• Like 1

Making windows look like OSX is like a person in drag, it can sometimes look pretty, but it's just doesn't quite work quite the same way. :wink:

Windows sucks Bill Gates [put whatever you want here cuz it won't be family safe]

Windows Bashing-

Mac-1 Windows-0

8)

Making windows look like OSX is like a person in drag, it can sometimes look pretty, but it's just doesn't quite work quite the same way. :wink:

Who mourns for Morn?

Who mourns for Morn?

In what way?