mrstucci

tv shows that are watched-how to get rid of

Hi-I have a perplexing problem and it's driving me NUTS! I have purchased some tv shows and once we watch them I want to delete them. I delete them and they keep coming back! I have deleted them from the iTunes folder in the Library numerous times and they keep reappearing. I have unchecked them and deleted them. Nothing works. Can anyone help me? I don't want them taking up hard drive space. And I admit to being a bit compulsive about keeping things tidy. Thanks for any help, Judy

• Like 1

Are you referencing your computer or another device? Do you have any iDevices and/or an Apple TV?

I have an Apple TV, iPhone 4s & an iPad2. And a MacBook Pro.

I should clarify-Apple TV 2.

Don't know for sure but if the shows sync to the other devices, they would probably 'reappear' in iTunes by the the 'download purchases from iDevice' option. I think you would need to delete from all devices to truly get rid of them. Personally, since you actually purchased them, I would burn to disc rather than trashing just in case you wanted to reference something in an episode.

Good luck.

Well, that's probably true but I have unchecked to sync TV shows from both the iPad and iPhone. But they are still in my Library. And the automatic downloads (in iTunes preferences) is for Apps, Music and Books-no mention of TV shows. I can burn them to a DVD but once that's done then I would want to delete them. Thanks for responding!

Is thre something in the Apple TV settings that might explain it? IDK cuz don't have the recent version.

I will take a look.

Since iCloud, everything you've ever purchased from iTunes is available from the cloud and shows up in your library. Check to see if you have your devices set to Automatically download items purchased from other devices.

Thanks, Dolphbucs, that was my basic concept but I totally forgot about the iCloud factor.

The Automatic Download only applies to Music, Apps and Books, not tv shows. Or am I missing something somewhere?

I always thought the Music Button was for Music, Movies and TV shows ... in short, all media besides books ... have you tried it ?

If it doesn't keep them from showing up, it could just be that what you are seeing are your previously purchsed content ... this is supposed to be a feature of icloud. Or, it may be that your iTunes library file has become corrupted, affecting the ability for your system to function properly. If that's the case, you will need to rebuild your library .... easy to do with iCloud.

Edited by Dolphbucs