Bucky Junior

camera -> iPhone -> cloud storage

I'm kinda in a hurry to solve this one. My daughter and son-in-law are going on an extended trip (7+ weeks) and don't want to lose any of the photos they take along the way. I don't have all the information but I'm looking for a method they might move the photos from the camera to their iPhone, then upload the photos to the cloud to retrieve them once they return home.

Unfortunately, I'm short of information. I think their camera is a Nikon SLR-type but don't know what kind of card it uses.

I saw some memory card readers that could be attached to the iPhone to transfer data from the camera card to the iPhone. At this point, I'm thinking of perhaps some subscription storage to upload from the iPhone for the two months they would need it. Some services reduce the picture size to meet their storage needs which is _not_ an attractive feature. They'll be connecting by WiFi at internet cafes in Europe, the Mid-East, and the Far East.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

OMG! They leave in week!

Bucky

This looks terrific and may just fit the bill. I'll send on to daughter & son-in-law and continue studying the details.

Thanks for passing this on!

Bucky

DropBox will upload pictures that make it into a iPad or iPhone. but there are a few problems with this. the first is that the storage is just 2 gigabytes. and the interface on the iPhone doesn't have a select all or even a seletive select all only unploading the photos that haven't been uploaded before.

you can fix the storage problem using an AppleScript that monitors the dropbox folder and moves anything that is new to a folder not in the dropbox.

johnfoster,

I had thought about Dropbox for them and realized the 2GB (free) limit. I've never had luck with AppleScript so I would probably do something with a cron file and rsync.

I hadn't thought of automatically clearing out a Dropbox folder(?), disk(?), box(?), sync storage attachment.

Bucky

The nice thing about Eye-fi is that one of the cards has GPS for geo-tagging (reads local wi-fi networks).