macboer

Lion for Dummies: Setup

I recommended that my father get a macbook pro. Now he has the machine but I've been very disappointed with how many problems he has had with LION!

The latest issue is with Safari "canceling the shut down" and when you want to quit Safari you can't.

MY QUESTION IS:

How do you guys recommend I set Lion up for a beginner user. How do you do it?

Thanks for the help.

I'm still adjusting to Snow Leopard so can't really help with Lion issues, but why Quit Safari anyway? About the only time I quit apps completely is when I need to free up RAM for Parallels

I'm still adjusting to Snow Leopard so can't really help with Lion issues, but why Quit Safari anyway? About the only time I quit apps completely is when I need to free up RAM for Parallels

Safari didn't want to quit so that the machine could shut down.

for the record… I hated Lion so much that I rolled back to Snow Leopard.

Have to say, I've got used to quitting Mail and Safari manually before logging out or shutting down, for just this reason. Rather annoying, of course, as it means they don't re-open automatically when I log back in either (unless I configure them to do so in my user preferences).

I guess I have been lucky. I have not had any issues with Safari not wanting to close. Most of the time I don't shutdown my laptop though. I just leave it and it goes into sleep mode.

Probably not the case here as your Dad probably doesn't have any installed, but sometimes Safari plugins will cause this issue.