Bruce L

Major iTunes syncing issue

I have an issue where every 1st, 2nd, or 3rd time I sync my iPod classic with iTunes (10.6.x) the settings switch from "Sync only checked songs and videos" to "Manually manage music and videos" and "Enable disk use". The result is that everything on my iPod is for all practical purposes is deleted and more than 7100 songs, audiobooks, and podcasts have to be re-written to my iPod Classic taking an hour or more. This has been going on for about 2 weeks. I have done a complete clean install of Lion and iTunes. I have uninstalled iTunes 10.6.1 and installed 10.6, and when I did this I deleted all of the various configuration files in ~/Library. I have repaired disc permissions on the disk where iTunes resides on my computer. Any help in resolving this issue would be sincerely appreciated.

How old is the iPod Classic? It could be the disk is going bad or corrupted. I think you can repair the disk while in Disk Mode but I can't remember for sure.

Huskermn,

I have thought of this, but I thought that iTunes was the only program that would change the settings I mentioned. Also the same thing was happening with my iPhone 3. I have thought of using it on another account on this computer to see if it is something with my User account.

If it's happening on multiple devices it's probably not the drive on one of them. It was just a thought.

I agree with the iTunes speculation, but I don't know what to do about it.