Sign in to follow this  
macboer

Best 13" MBP backpack?

Which MBP backpacks would you recommend?

Should I rather go with a suitcase type of vibe? I will be traveling with my notebook quite often by train/bus.

• Like 1

if I was getting a back pack bag I would start looking at the cheap stuff first. here's the thinking. spending a lot on a bag doesn't seem to make sense. it's just a bag right? it should function just fine no matter how much it cost. also, I'm flat out rejecting BIG back pack bags. you know, so big in size that it might as well be another person standing there. I think this is annoying so I won't contribute big back pack back to the world. a smaller bag also forces thought. you won't carry extra stuff if there isn't room. besides a 15-20 pound bag really gets old no matter how comfy the straps are.

the next part of this is a fashion statement. for me there is an esthetic that goes with bag. it has to look a certain way. possibly invisible. possibly NOTICE me because maybe I want people to notice that my bag really looks radical or useful. or maybe it generates a "hey, nice bag!"

I love these bags. but dang, the price. Rickshaw Bags are made down the street from my office. I was going to lunch and found them because the rolling door was open. the walk-in experience is just a good as the online one. this is my next bag.

timbuk2 bags are also made in San Francisco. they are not as much money. they are just as customizable.

Yes Johnfoster I think I agree on the " first buy a cheaper bag" point. Even though I like well designed things I've taken a look at Thule bags and they are quite expensive and not very easy on the eyes. They seem to be very useful though.

I don't mind spending a bit more if I know I'll like it, because bags usually lasts for a while.

I thinks one of my concerns with an Al Cheapo is that it won't protect my shtuff against wet weather.

Graham, that looks nice. ^_^

speaking of my next bag. it's the one that's HALF off for the next 3 days. no, not the messenger bag, the commuter bag. told you it was going to be a Rickshaw bag.

Edited by johnfoster