Hi All,

I need some help showing a group how to use an iPad. I want to incorporate screen capture on my mac with an iPad but I don't want to do the old point the camera at the iPad trick. Anyone know a good solution to screen capture/record from an iPad?

Thanks in advance for the help...

Dolphbucs    2

Just for future reference, Screen Capture = Snapshot ..... Screen Recording = video

Far as i could find, only way to do this is purchase an app called Reflection and using Airplay. Then you could record the screen of your Mac using Quicktime Player. Only other alternative is to jailbreak the iPad.

johnfoster    48

or just aim a camera at the iPad and call it a day.

Apple Geek    15

but I don't want to do the old point the camera at the iPad trick.

or just aim a camera at the iPad and call it a day.

sigh…

Dolphbucs    2

I think what john was trying to point out is that sometimes we spend so much time trying to find an elegant solution, it escapes us that if we had started using the clumsy one at the beginning, we would be done by now.

johnfoster    48

this is exactly my point. the number of times that I've "wasted the day" trying to find or make or do "the better" solution shouldn't be counted. if you type "hard thing I'm trying to do" in a search engine and it comes back with zip for suggestions means one of two things: it's not possible or you asked the wrong question.

I have a thing in my day to day when I start a project and if I can't find a solution or way to make it work on a Mac in a short time (like 15 or 20 minutes) I stop, switch to Windows and finish the project there. in otherwords the "give up and use Windows clock." I might also "give up and use Linux" in the case of trying to get an OSS thing running on a Mac. it's the difference between a bunch of steps or just typing "yum install thing" and having it "just work."

MacCast    80

I have been using this for presentations on my Mac and for doing video captures of the iPad screen:

http://www.reflectionapp.com/

It works great and I think it will accomplish what you need.