Rogier

Multiple .Me accounts in Apple Mail

Rogier    3

Hi,

Today I was asked to set-up Apple mail. Easy enough.

However it turned out the the person had multiple iCould accounts and wanted the various .Me email accounts in Apple Mail.

Easy enough to do account No1 though the iCloud preference pane. But what to do with the other .Me accounts?

I tried to add them as iMap accounts but that did not work...

Any one solved this problem?

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Rogier

• Like 3

Apple Geek    15

Try the 'Mail, Contacts, and Calendars' Preference Pane. Then Add Account... and try to add your iCloud account from there. You will get a message saying that only your primary account can use Bookmark syncing, Photo Stream, Find My Mac, and Document Storage but you should be able to enable the mail account.

Rogier    3

Thanks for your input. But I am talking about adding to Apple Mail in OS X 10.7 and not on a iOS device.

Still looking for a solution :-)

Rogier

Rogier    3

Ok. Well I tried that on various occasions but it doesn't work.

It wil ask for a incoming mail account. I have tried to skip it and let iCloud take care of it to no avail.

Then I copied the server addresses as known from the set-up for this 2nd account from an other laptop. This failed as well....

johnfoster    48

the roots of iClod are in MobileMe which are inherited from dotMac… all of which ran on a Mac with a SINGLE user in mind. this is because the system leached into so many different tools: iDisk in the Finder, Back to Me Mac exactly to the same account on a different Mac, that Syncing feeling across bookmarks, contacts and other stuff that could sync and Mail. in other words one account per account. it was NEVER designed to be this and that and those just this.

that said, you can always make another user account and have it tied to your other other iClod account(s).

Rogier    3

Yeah I know, I only need to enable the Mail for the other .Me accounts. Creating multiple users is what I ended up doing but not really the solution I am looking for...