Sign in to follow this  

Encrypted iDevice Backup password?

djurgensen    5

I recently attempted to do an encrypted backup of my iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1 with iTunes 11.0.1. As soon as I clicked the "Encrypt iPhone Backup" check box I was provided with a window to enter a password and a confirmation of that password. All pretty much expected. After thinking of a good password, I filled out both boxes and after thinking a while, it came back and said that my password couldn't be set! So thinking that maybe I mistyped one of them, I tried it again. Same results. I tried other passwords so that the characters used were only alpha-numerics with some upper case, i.e. no special characters/symbols. Same results. As far as the length. I think it was 10-12 characters I believe. I search apple support for guidance for password requirements as to what would or would not be accepted. I finally used a password that was 9 characters with one number and that seemed to work.

Does anyone know if there is any limitations for this password as far as length or characters that can be used?

• Like 5