Sign in to follow this  
pds6

iTunes 5.0 - CRASH - Going home to 4.9

iTunes 5.0 has been acting unstable and a bit buggy since installation (actually, the installation was a bit buggy).

I am not very happy with the Podcasts mounting in my main Library. In an attempt to keep Podcasts from mounting in my main Library, I moved the Podcasts out of the iTunes folder and onto another harddrive. BAD MOVE!

Lost my Library and all my setting.

I have spent a number of hours redoing my Library. I have had a number of problems with iTunes. The new iTunes does not seem as stable as 4.9 and I have had a lot of problems with the Library updating after a number of cuts and pastes. iTunes 5.0 seems to be slower to start and quit.

My experience with iTunes 5.0 is not very good. I have a very large Library of music and record at high bit rates. Maybe, that is the problem, I don't know. Nonetheless, I wish I had stayed with 4.8-4.9

My first suggestion to you, assuming you have a firewire or internal archive drive (where you keep all of your files) is to try my "mTorbin's Unofficial Space Saver Method":

http://www.maccast.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1540

I do this with my iTunes library and have NEVER lost anything even if iTunes crashes.

Secondly, if you loose your XML file that constructs the library, you won't lose all of your files. Just rebuild. it's that simple.

- MT

apple will probably quickly make another version kos there are tons of errors in it

is there any way that you can change the look of itunes 5 back to the itunes 4.9 but keep the same features

is there any way that you can change the look of itunes 5 back to the itunes 4.9 but keep the same features

i'm sure somebody will release a skin/hack at some point... just like with Tiger Mail...