Shanghai911

The age-old outgoing mail font problem

I am lending my VOICE to this crazy evergreen that is so very basic that as an Apple lover of all things simple and beautiful to use, I find absolutely astounding that it is not yet fixed.

Plus with the upgrade to 10.8.5 you have disabled the Universal Mailer plug in which was the only 3rd party option able to keep my emails professional looking.

Windows users continue to point to this single issue as the reason why they would not switch to a mac, why has it not been fixed yet?

Rather than me repeating the problem pls just simply read one of the many threads on the forums to clearly understand what's wrong.

I have not yet seen this issue on the maccast forums so hope some of you can either help shout out to Apple or let me know if you have any better ideas.

Regards/Andy R

Preferences --> Composing

set the pop up to plain text.

now it doesn't matter as the email client on the other side will format the TEXT.

Windows users continue to point to this single issue as the reason why they would not switch to a mac

Then frankly, they're just making excuses—they could use Thunderbird, or even Outlook, on the Mac instead if it bothered them that much :)