ugarte

iMessage Problem with iOS 7

ugarte    0

Ever since I upgraded to iOS 7, I have experienced intermittently a problem with iMessage. I would send an iMessage & it would get stuck in the sending phase. I have to reboot my iPhone (I'm using an iPhone 4) to get it out of that phase. Of course, my iMessage would not get delivered but I could send it again after the reboot & it would work. Anyone else experienced this? Any solution (aside from rebooting)? Thank you.

Huskermn    33

It's a known bug. I think I heard 7.0.3 will fix and will be out soon.

Chefpyro116    1

I'm still having a problem with iMessage when I'm at work. Maybe it's the steel around me or the carrier, idk, but I keep having to send a text twice or get it twice from my wife. Anyone else having this issue? I'm current on all my updates. any suggestions?

Huskermn    33

Are you on WiFi or carrier signal?

Chefpyro116    1

Both. Seems it's the plant where i work. I have a hard time sending in certain spots. Maybe it's Sprint and maybe it my plant. Works fine sending text messages but iMessage seems to stall out or work sometimes. 7.1 update has helped a bit.

Huskermn    33

Well, I know that the wi-fi at my work blocks iCloud and, I believe, consequently iMessage. Also, elsewhere sometimes, my phone is in wi-fi limbo - wifi is turned on and it thinks it's connected but I haven't actually completed the logon process so it can't connect to the internet and can't send iMessage (or, surf the Web).

joenspa    26

I had a similar issue with iMessage at work. They also blocked iCloud because they said it was a "social site". Morons. Never could get them to change their minds. I switched off wifi while there and I was fine.