Sign in to follow this  
ipodman

itunes 5 & new mac

do u think that the look of itunes 5 will be the look of the next os on macs?

mac keeps all the same looks on all of their programs so why did they make itunes look different

mac keeps all the same looks on all of their programs so why did they make itunes look different

what really sucks is that this isn't true. it's one of the things that I hate about the blue pill look of Mail in Tiger. where the hell did it come from? why only Mail? I'm glad that Apple has a nice user interface put together, and some really good guidelines for 3rd party developers (such as myself), but sometimes I just don't get what the hell they're doing when it comes to Mail and iTunes, and why they don't just look the same as everything else.

do u think that the look of itunes 5 will be the look of the next os on macs?

First, please don't start so many threads when we've discussed this very topic in other threads.

And yes, I think the look of iTunes 5 will at least be the way brushed metal looks in future releases.

And red5230, I didn't much care for the "pill" buttons in Mail 2 either. You might want to check out "Mail Stamps", it changes the buttons to a Mail 1 style appearance. I really like it:

http://andrewescobar.com/mailstamps

And red5230, I didn't much care for the "pill" buttons in Mail 2 either.  You might want to check out "Mail Stamps", it changes the buttons to a Mail 1 style appearance.  I really like it:http://andrewescobar.com/mailstamps

yeah, I found a couple programs that do this on MacUpdate and tried them out the first day I got Tiger. some are better than others, but it all gets it looking correctly. it just kinda bugged me that Apple completely ignored the design guidelines, wether they're attractive looking or not...

it just kinda bugged me that Apple completely ignored the design guidelines, wether they're attractive looking or not...

Exactly my problem.