j.s.moore

iOS 8 instant hotspot

j.s.moore    0

Hi, I have an iPad air 2, a first gen retina MacBook pro, and an iPhone 5s. All are running the latest version I of the OS. I have enabled the personal hotspot on my phone and if I plug it in with a lightning cable or us the wifi network the phone creates I it works fine. However, the instant hotspot feature in instant hotspot feature does not work. I can see my phone listed under hotspots in both the iPad and the MacBook. However, when I click on it to start the connect it thinks for a long time and then gives me an error message. The error message is really useful something like "failed to connect to network". I have restarted the devices many times and still no luck. I am hoping you will be able to give me some ideas on what to do next in order to fix this. Many thanks in advance.

Josh

Edited by j.s.moore

johnfoster    48

many of the carriers do not allow the hotspot feature to be used on their networks.

j.s.moore    0

Sorry maybe my original post was not clear I can use the hotspot both USB and creating a wifi network with my phone. I am just unable to connect using the new instant hotspot feature.

johnfoster    48

that was perfectly clear. the USB or the WiFi hot spots are using the local network attached to DSL/cable not the ATTcingularVerisonSprintVirgin network.