Heiko

iOS 8.3-Bug?

Heiko    0

After uploading photos via iCloud.com or the photos app they always appear at the farthest end in the "all photos" overview. According to the EXIF information the picture is rather old and should appear earlier in this overview. In the collection overview the order is correct. It's only the "all photos" overview.

Any hints/comments? Do you experience the same issue?

My first and only library was (and still is) a test one with just thirty pictures and two videos shot on my iPhone during the period March 28th to April 10th. Whilst in the "Collections" view I added a screen shot created on April 1st by dragging it in from the Finder and it was not added to the image strip. Clicking on it took me to Moments, of course, and the picture appeared under the correct date section. On taking the "Back" button - i.e. to "Collections" it appeared in the strip and in the right place. On choosing "All Photos" it appears at at the end - i.e after the last picture taken on April 10th. I think I read somewhere that they appear in there in the order they are added - proven too by adding a picture with Exif data which was created on March 26th - that appearing at the end too. I don't like it as it seems illogical.

Edited by Harry_The_Bustard

Heiko    0

Hello Harry,

Thank you for your comment. I hope Apple will fix this issue in the next iOS-update. Obviously they don't like the "All Photos" overview. As you might remember: they even dropped it in the 1st iOS 8-release...

Best regards,

Heiko

The only reason I can think of as to why it works the way it does is to allow one to better handle imports of images with no time/date metadata - be they from a non-stamping source be it a camera or a scanner - finding them being easier. Once found they should, where possible, be edited to use the best shot, if you'll pardon the pun, as to when they were taken (Image -> Adjust Date & Time) though unlike the rather unwieldy iPhoto option Photos doesn't seem to allow location edits.