Sign in to follow this  
Harry_The_Bustard

Yosemite The Fourth Problems

I installed 10.10.4 (on top of 10.10.3) on a Late 2012 Mac mini (2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 with 4GB RAM) with FileVault active and find after booting and being presented with the list of users who can unlock the thing the font of the user names is badly rendered. Please let me know if you've seen this too.

About a day in and I'm experiencing sluggishness - beach balls popping up from time to time - a problem usually associated with too much memory being used though it's not according to Activity Monitor. (I have rebooted a few times but it soon comes back.) I keep meaning to upgrade to 16GB so maybe now's the time.

Edited by Harry_The_Bustard

johnfoster    47

Spotlight seems to want to rescan everything all over again. having more RAM might not help this part of the upgrade.

I hadn't noticed Spotlight doing its thing and the relative sluggishness remains. (I can live with it.) What may be relevant to the first issue I mentioned - but presumably not the second - is how an EFI Security Update was incorporated in with it. (I don't know what the previous Boot ROM Version was but it has certainly changed as I now have the black screen with a white apple at boot - albeit briefly before the "FileVault unlocking user list" screen kicks in - previously I having the classic grey background with a white apple.) My guess is that FileVault may be relevant and I continue to look forward to hearing whether anyone with a Mac using that which is the same model as mine or later has seen this.

Ceoltoir    16

I have been running 10.10.4 the past week or so, and haven't noticed any performance change at all.