kimgh

Audio files from Mac to iPhone

kimgh    22

I really have 2 questions:

1. What is a good Mac program for capturing audio from the Mac audio stream?

2. Is there a way to wirelessly (through the cloud or otherwise) transfer any such audio files from the Mac to my iPhone?

I know I can transfer files from iTunes to the phone through a USB connection, but since most of my stuff is transferred from the cloud, it's confusing to me and to the phone to connect to the computer.

Thanks,

Kim

kimgh    22

I know it's silly to answer my own question, but I think dropbox is my best bet for moving the files to the iPhone.

So all I need is is recommendation for an audio capture app.

BTW: I'm working on improving my morse code speed for amateur radio. I want to capture audio practice files generated on my Mac with Morse Mania and have them on the phone for practice out and about.

Thanks,

Kim

johnfoster    48

this looks interesting. if only because you could listen to a LiVE radio, tap when you hear MORSE then learn back at your own pace or check what you heard for later.

https://cogi.com/

I use "Piezo" from Rogue Amoeba for the audio capture - a more advanced alternative being their "Audio Hijack" application - your choice depending on your needs.

Huskermn    33

I've been using Audio Hijack for years. Quite versatile.

Also, I personally do a phone backup to my computer at least once a month. Over the years I've found the cloud restore isn't as reliable as a 'real' restore from backup.