Huskermn

Reverting to earlier iOS?

Huskermn    33

I have a couple apps that my iPhone has warned me will not work with 'future' updates of iOS.  So, I am now hesitant to update to 10.3.2.

Can I backup to my computer and then restore to a previous version of iOS or does the restore just get my data, etc. back?

Thanks, folks.

johnfoster    48

there is no going backward on iOS. the biggest issue is that FruitCo will NOT sign old versions after a certain amount of time. usually the window is about 10 days for going back after a new iOS is released. the best thing to do if you decide you need something specific that will only run on a specific version is to "abandon archive in place". that is you get a iThing, install that app, and then NEVER upgrade it again. this is possible now that iPhone 5 or 5s are so cheap. granted, it sucks having to manage more than one device. but this is something that I do now. I have a device that I used ONLY for reading comics. and another is dedicated to music. I really do not care that the "synth" might not never get upgraded. 

MacCast    80

Just for clarity @Huskermn that warning is in regards to the next point release of iOS, so you should be safe going from 10.3.X to another 10.3.X. It's when Apple moves to 10.4 that they will drop support for old 32-bit apps and they will stop working.