Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnfoster

obviously NOBODY at Apple changes iThings

1 post in this topic

Posted (edited)

obviously NOBODY at Apple changes iThings.

the WRONG phone was shipped from Verizon. "no big deal," they said, “just activate that one. and we will send you the correct one.” cool. a week later the correct thing shows up. nice. she turned it on, it suggested a number to call to activate Thing 2. calling on Thing 1, type number of the thing to activate, click yes. disconnected. oh, it switched it THAT fast. zowie! cool right?

HELLO! BONER! HOLA! 

the rest of setup is the stock, answer questions, no finger print. no lock password either. enter a AppleID password, spins on iClod for a while. finally, icons.

next, plug in the Ning connector to restore the phone from the 12 minute old back up. ERROR cannot sync to this version of Thing. weird. it’s new. okay? update.

enter iClod password that was just entered 6 minutes ago. update starts. 4o minutes later it restarts.

HELLO! BONER! HOLA! 

enter ALL that stuff and make the same settings choices AGAIN…

plug the Ning connector to restore the phone from the 72 minute old back up. ERROR message, DISABLE FiND MY THiNG to CONTiNUE.

fine. where is that? nope. not a menu called FIND MY THiNG in SYSTEM.

oh there it is. uncheck.

plug back in. syncing starts. it grinds in iTub. (why is this still iTubs?) but this is the wrong sync. oh yeah, we have to click something.

click RESTORE. nope. ERROR message, DISABLE FiND MY THiNG to CONTiNUE.

look it up in G search. oh. this feature is in iClod? off'd. plug back in. more wrong syncing starts. click Restore. the THiNG screen changes. you know it is working because the iThing screen changes.

why was Find My THiNG turned on? the thing KNOWS it is a NEW phone. it was JUST ACTIVATED!

4o more minutes goes by. eventually the THiNG restarts. 

HELLO! BONER! HOLA! 

enter ALL that stuff and make the same settings choices AGAIN!

finally, the correct lock screen and all the pictures are there.

elapsed time to switch from THiNG 1 to THiNG 2? about 3 hours.

grrrrr.

wow. nobody at Fruit Co has ever done this. otherwise it would not be so many steps.
Edited by johnfoster